[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 101, Issue 16

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Nov 15 05:30:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 07:26:51PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <canoeman at qnet.com> flavor, containing:
>    Is anyone using a Raspberry pi for wx aprs, or as a gateway, instead of
>    the usual windows power guzzleing computers.

I use a SheevaPlug (with the internal 120VAC->3.3VDC power supply replaced
with a 12VDC-3.3VDC converter) ARM machine running Ubuntu as an igate and
TNC-sharing device in my shack.  I don't actually use it to handle my weather
station (I have that connected to my desktop machine for other reasons), but
it would be perfectly capable of doing so.