[aprssig] more followup on my firenet filters thread...success
Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists
hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Oct 12 16:14:18 CDT 2012
No colon in front of "filter".
There is a bug in the current ambiguity parsing for single digit ambiguity which will be fixed in a release later today.
Also, I want to dissect, a bit, your post showing your original filter which should help others understand what is being returned now:
# logresp K1KWP verified, server N5JXS-F1, adjunct "filter :filter r/42/-72/200 t/nm p/BUOY/QUAKE s//@ s//S s//: -s/w -p/METAR e/WE7U-WX" filter
Up through , adjunct is the same as before. Between the quotes is what the filter software saw as its command. Note you have "filter :filter ..." This is incorrect. Apparently, Xastir is generating the filter keyword so you don't need to do it again.
Note the end is just the word "filter". I am guessing there is more after that telling you what filter actually got set (or it will say no filter active).
I would make sure what is being sent to the server is the following:
filter r/42/-72/200 t/nm p/BUOY/QUAKE s//@S: -s/w -p/METAR e/WE7U-WX
Note the combining of the symbol filters makes that a single test instead of multiple at the server (no big deal to you but lowers overhead at the server). Here is what the response might look like:
# logresp pete unverified, server AE5PL-JF, adjunct "filter r/42/-72/200 t/nm p/BUOY/QUAKE s//@S: -s/w -p/METAR e/WE7U-WX" filter r/42.0/-72.0/200 b/BUOY*/QUAKE* e/WE7U-WX t/mn s//@S:/ -b/METAR* -s/w// active
Note you see (between the quotes) what I sent to the server as part of the login followed by what filter actually got created. While certain things like the p filter being converted to a b filter with an asterisk at the end are seen, the functionality is exactly the same. Caution, don't try to copy what is displayed as active to create a new filter. There are certain filters that could become troublesome (object filter, for instance) if they are not in their original position. Also, what is returned as "active" is always the positive filters first followed by the negative filters.
Hope this helps.
Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Paetzold
> Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:43 PM
> So, first I reverified that removing the ":" did not work (which I thought I
> tested before the first message). Indeed that did not help.
> I then turned off position ambiguity and tried the "m/500". It worked!
> It then occured to me that the "m/500" filter was NOT preceeded with either
> ":filter" or "filter". Hmmmmm.
> So, I removed the :filter string on my original filter and it nows seems to work
More information about the aprssig