[aprssig] APRS on boats..now AIS

joe at dellabarba.com joe at dellabarba.com
Thu Oct 4 11:57:50 UTC 2012

I shouldn't be hard to find - I am on my mooring right where APRS says I am. No
flag up when I'm not there though.
I'll be back there Sunday to do RC work for the Comet races.
Anyone interested in APRS needs to study AIS, DSC, and ADS-B. I think APRS is
the father of all of those. Kind of like how hams were making phone calls on VHF
and UHF frequencies using hand-held devices connecting to nearby "towers" for
what - a couple of decades before cell phones? I was also sending email by radio
a LONG time before the Blackberry was even though of hi hi