[aprssig] News from DCC (2) APRS.FI news and new Server

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Sep 22 14:45:36 UTC 2012

Hessu flew in from Europe and gave two presentations.  One announced
his development of a new APRS-IS server which I am sure he will
describe in detail her.

WHat was fascinating to me, though, was his demonstration of all the
real things that APRS.FI can do.  I have been a pretty basic user.
But he shows how APRS.FI can provide almost all the local client
feateures anyone could want.  Walking through the filtering
capabilities includenig EXCLUDING things and locaical ANDING and ORING
is pretty powerful.

Checkout all the BUTTONS on the right side of the screen.  Its fun!

Bob, WB4aPR