[aprssig] FM CW Balloon launch Annapolis Wed at 11 AM - SPLASH!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 17 13:19:11 CDT 2013

Splash!  Worked perfectly but we overshot the island! Drats!

See the track: http://aprs.org/balloons.html

We did not calculate the slow descent of a small water bottle only weighing
80g even without a chute.  Only a 30’ streamer.  The  payload came down no
faster than it went up.  So even though the cut worked at the Burn
Longitude, the descent overshot the island.

Bob, WB4aPR