[aprssig] USB<-->Serial Dongle Based On FTDI Chipset (the good stuff) On Sale At NewEgg

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 01:05:00 CDT 2013

Just received an email sale flyer from http://newegg.com that features a
USB<-->Serial "dongle" cable based on the hassle-free FTDI chip set for only
$12.29 including free shipping!

This completely avoids the interminable hassles with Prolific-chipset-based
dongles and their gawd-awful buggy drivers.

Deal is on only until 14 August so check out this URL:

and note the promo code EMCXMXM89

A writeup on my website about the issues with USB<-->serial adapters and the
vast advantages of the FTDI chipset is here on my website:

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:   14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps