[aprssig] Why is my AvMap G6 flaky?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 06:45:32 UTC 2013

On 1/2/2013 11:00 PM, Ron Stordahl, AE5E wrote:
> Wouldn't this electrical noise make the AM broadcast band nearly useless?
> And if so how would this get by the designers.
> Ron, AE5E

The fundamental frequency of the switchers seem to be just above the broadcast
band - I never noticed much noise on the AM band. However, the fringe-area FM
receive was rather mediocre which could either be a lousy receiver, or white
noise effectively reducing quieting on fringe-area FM stations.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps

Vista & Win7 Install Issues for UI-View and Precision Mapping