[aprssig] T3-Micro released

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Jul 1 14:42:45 CDT 2013

On 7/1/2013 3:33 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
> Hi all,
> The T3-Micro is now available for beta testing.  This is a full Tracker3
> (including digipeating capability) in a USB dongle form factor with an on-board
> GPS receiver.
> The only external connections are the USB connector and the 3.5mm TRRS plug for
> the radio interface, so you can't use it for Garmin FMI operation, but it makes
> a very compact standalone tracker or basic TNC.

This sounds really cool.    I assume the TRRS connections mean RX audio, TX
audio, PTT, and GND/Common.     Is there no provision for COR/Carrier detect as
one might get from the standard 6-pin mini-DIN data port?   Or does this device
do CD in software with no hardware connection needed?

Am I correct in assuming that this device can run independently from a PC,
using the USB port exclusively for 5 VDC power input, after using a PC
connection to configure it?

By the way, Sabrent is now offering an FDTI-based serial<-->USB dongle.  You
might look into carrying  these instead of the problematic Prolific-based ones.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:   14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps