[aprssig] Options for low power Digi + iGate

Max Harper kg4pid at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 05:48:58 CDT 2013

I think the Raspberry Pi along with a small TNC such as the new TNC-Pi, TT4, or Tracker2 will be about as low power as you can get. Needing the Igate function ups the power demands. Since the Pi runs Linux which is a live OS I think you will need a small battery backup of some sort to prevent OS corruption in the event of a power failure. I have a setup ready to go as soon as I figure out how to intergrate my weather station into the mix.