[aprssig] information of voice repeaters on APRS

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 10:01:55 CDT 2013

The problem with directed queries is knowing who to direct them _to_.

Good info about the QRU servers, but it seems like that would that only work for the combination of:

1. The querying station is in range of a bi-directional I-gate (to be able to contact the QRU servers over the APRS-IS backbone);

2. The querying station has already sent out a position report so the collection of QRU servers can decide who is "close enough" to the querying station.

On the other hand, since no embedded-APRS radios (Kenwood, Yaesu) seem to have the capability to send non-directed queries, directing a query to the QRU alias might be the only option.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO