[aprssig] FreeTrak63 rev E pre release On The Air this Saturday

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat May 11 08:09:22 CDT 2013

Latest on-the-air test of new FreeTrack63 PSK63 APRS tracker.  This is a device
similar to a TinyTrack III, but it's output is PSK63 instead of the usual AX.25

On 5/9/2013 9:10 PM, Mike wrote:
 > I've done some clean up and editing of the FreeTrak63 APRS tracker firmware
from my last OTA test cruise and I plan to redo the Lake Superior trip only
this time in a motor boat at a faster speed.
 > Once it passes that test and I get the readme and material list files
edited, I'll post a link to the zip file on my website.
 > This will be about as far as I plan to take this design barring any bugs.
The next step will be to get the pcb layout finished.
 > 73
 > Mike N0QBH

[09:00 EDT - 1300 UTC Saturday 11 May 2013]

The WA8LMF LiveTrack Special Events APRS web server is now tracking N0QBH's
latest test of the FreeTrak PSK63 Tracker at:

As in previous tests, this is being received off-the-air on 30 meters from
Haslett, MI (about 10 miles NE of Lansing, MI) with my Kenwood TS-440 and
homebrew magnetic loop antenna.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps