[aprssig] Yet Another Version of UZ7HO Soundmodem Released (Ver 0.50)
Stephen H. Smith
wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 12:14:59 CDT 2013
After a lull of many months, Andrei now seems to have resumed very active
development work on the Soundmodem again. A new version .50b of this drop-in
replacement for the AGWpe soundcard soft TNC has been released, as of 04
September 2013, just days after ver .49 .
As usual, it can be downloaded from my website at:
Scroll about 3/4ths of the way down the list of downloadable stuff and look for
"UZ7HO-Soundmodem-Install-Ver-0.50-Beta.exe". Note that unlike the version on
Andrei's own website at:
that is a single .EXE file contained in a zipfile, the package on my site is a
full-blown Windows "wizard"-type installer that automatically creates a program
folder, entries in the Windows Start Menu, and includes several readme files &
a User Manual in .PDF form.
Updated changelog now shows:
SCM v0.50b changes:
- Added single bit recovery feature
- Fixed transmission non-AX.25 frames to application (see option "NonAX25Frm"
in the INI file)
SCM v0.49b changes:
- Improved RX-part of the modem (improved ATC and added interpolation)
- Improved DCD for 1200 and 2400 bauds
- Fixed some bugs in the AX.25 L2-layer protocol
- Expanded features for non-standard AX.25 frames for SAT-operations.
SCM v0.45b changes:
- Added "6dB Pre-Emphasis filter" option.
Pre-Emphasis filter it's a high-pass filter that emphasizes the high
frequencies in the audio spectrum. Preemphasis increases the level of
high frequencies by 6dB per octave. It might help to receive signals
at 1200 and 2400 bauds if the frequency response of the receiver is not
- Added "UTCTime" option for indicate the time in UTC format. (1=On / 0=Off)
- Added "NRMonitorLines" option for limit number of lines "Monitor" window
- Improved compatibility with the AGWPE and MixW AX.25 Protocol (reduction of
and fixed some small bugs.
SCM v0.44b changes:
- Added "ExcludeCallsigns", "ExcludeAPRSFrmType" options for blocking unwanted
- Changed sound output in the SCO mode (now works in mono).
- By default, software is configured for single port.
- Added 2400 baud modem in the list.
SCM v0.43b changes:
- Some changes in L2-protocol
SCM v0.42b changes:
- Fixed bug for outgoing connection with unregistered callsigns.
- Added color monitor.
- Changed AX.25 parameters in INI file for each channel.
SCM v0.41b changes:
- improved control of DCD.
SCM v0.40b changes:
- Fixed bug in SABM and DM frames.
- Modified format of the frames for AGW monitor (more compatible with original
Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf (at) aol.com
EchoLink: 14400 [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page: http://wa8lmf.net
Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
"APRS 101" Explanation of APRS Path Selection & Digipeating
More information about the aprssig