[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 111, Issue 16

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Sep 22 10:55:49 CDT 2013

On 9/21/2013 2:34 PM, Jason Low wrote:
> If you folks asking if it will work without the head, yes and no. If you mean
> without the ORIGINAL head, yes, it will - I replaced my busted-up
> (volume/squelch knobs bent and damaged) head with a new RC-D710 that I bought
> last year. I keep the damaged head to use as a TNC for various other projects
> like on my Maxtrac or with the interface kit, with any 2-pin (mic/sp) handheld.
> If you mean will the D710 work without any head attached, you are correct, it
> will not function. It needs to have either the factory head or a RC-D710 on it.
> (I don't know about the head that comes with the 700.)

The RC-710  IS  exactly the same device as the original head, just sold

Kenwood has never sold the head for the D700 separately.  They actually make a
point of saying this in the manual for the D700.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:   14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps