[aprssig] N1VG-11 9600 baud balloon aloft

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 15:22:07 CDT 2014

On 4/5/2014 2:39 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
 > Balloon N1VG-11 is aloft and transmitting at 9600 baud on 439.39 MHz.
 > This is a lightweight payload with a hot fill on a 1000 gram balloon -
 > hoping for a quick ride.
 > Scott
 > N1VG
[ 16:10 EDT  ]

What a strange track.  South instead of east towards the San Joaquin and the
Sierra Nevadas!    I'm tracking it on my special event UI-Webserver at:

It's jumping all over the Channel Islands area and Santa Monica bay.  Is the
GPS getting flaky from low battery voltage?

Or are we once again seeing "hyper-jumps" from buggy KCP3+ TNCs being used as
igates, that suffer from the infamous random long delays in forwarding received
packets to the attached PC.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps