[aprssig] [APRS] DIGIPEATER Callsigns (by location)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jul 19 13:23:51 CDT 2014

Actually, they are pretty random, unless you request a vanity call.  Your
chance of getting a specific Kx4xxx call is 456,976-to-1 or .0000002 which
seems pretty random to me.  And they convey no information other than the
country and the region.  WB4APR being in the 4 call area only vaguely
indicates I am somehere in the 250000 square mile area of the south.  But
then, I am not really, I am in Maryland.  ;-)  Bob