[aprssig] next build #39 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")
andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 22:28:52 CDT 2014
As discussed at the Dayton Hamvention APRS Forum, a new build of YAAC is out. I just fixed the typos that unfortunately got out just before Hamvention, so now the new build is available from the usual sources:
or by upgrade from an existing installation of YAAC.
New changes and updates include:
1. significant performance improvements to better support the Raspberry Pi platform, including recognition of the console tty port as a possible serial port for TNCs and GPS.
2. initial implementation of authenticated APRS messaging, as described in Bryan Hoyer KG6GEU's paper http://www.microhams.com/digitalconf2012/KG6GEU_Authentication.pdf
3. raster map images now persist across YAAC restarts.
4. identify stations appearing only as traced digipeaters (non-beaconing or stealth digipeaters).
5. support .gpx files on the draw overlay of the map.
6. document how to write a YAAC plugin and include the plugin SDK in the binary distribution (this information was formerly available only with the source code distro).
Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig