[aprssig] next beta build #44 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")
andrewemt at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:11:19 CDT 2014
The next beta build of YAAC is now available. I recommend that all YAAC users upgrade to this build if they are using build#43, as there is a critical regression preventing YAAC from working if you are trying to use a Serial_GPS device with YAAC.
YAAC is upgradeable using the usual built-in mechanism, or downloadable from the usual sources:
Besides fixing the critical bug, this build of YAAC also includes:
1. Preliminary support for SSL-based authentication of APRS-IS connections.
2. More performance improvements, to the point where YAAC can actually survive processing a whole-planet unfiltered feed (on an adequately powerful PC), or is at least tolerable under a normal local load while running on a Raspberry Pi (or equivalent small computer).
3. Fixing the use of private (non-transmitted) objects so they will show up on the map.
4. Displaying tactical names (aliases) for stations and objects in more places in the GUI.
5. Fix projection errors of drawn items when closing the draw layer toolbar.
6. Access to the per-station pop-up menu in more of the tabular views.
Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig