[aprssig] next beta build #45 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")
andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:55:56 CDT 2014
The next build of YAAC is now available, upgradeable from within YAAC using its built-in upgrade feature, or downloadable from the usual places:
The changes and updates include:
1. SSL-authenticated connecting to the APRS-IS backbone is now a standard feature, rather than a plugin extension.
2. fixes for multi-TNC deployments, so that locally originated messages get the sending callsign of the TNC they are transmitted through, rather than a single callsign for the entire station.
3. support for weather-reporting Objects/Items, such as the airport weather stations on FireNet.
4. more lenient format support for sloppy telemetry messages.
5. new feature to save most tabular views as CSV files (suitable for importing into spreadsheets and other analysis applications).
6. support for the Unix gpsd daemon as a shareable GPS position source.
7. hooks for a future plugin (not yet available) for more detailed audio alerts for various conditions detected by YAAC (such as a station appearing within range, emergency messages being received, messages addressed to the local station being received, etc.).
8. ability to pause between commands issued to a TNC to get it into KISS mode, and documenting the various escape codes sendable to the TNC as part of the commands.
9. right-clicking on messages in the Raw Packets view that were received from APRS-IS now brings up a popup menu associated with the message originator, not the I-gate.
10. assorted cleanups and documentation improvements.
Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig