[aprssig] Mobile Off-Air Display

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Aug 11 06:25:19 CDT 2015

I also use a Nuvi-350 paired with a D700 in one vehicle and a Nuvi 1490
paired with a T3-135 embedded in an Alinco DR-135 in another.

One answer to "why" is it allows Net Control to create an incident
object, transmit it over the air (and/or the APRS-IS in this case) and
it will show up on the attached GPS (or APRSdroid screen) allowing the
dispatched support vehicle to navigate directly to the incident if

Seeing the object on a map with "ME" closing in on it is far better
feedback (IMHO) than getting a description of the location and trying to
figure out your own way to get there.