[aprssig] APRStt 4 digit grid squares...justification

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Feb 16 13:03:15 CST 2015

On Feb 16, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 16, 2015, at 7:38 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>> Then making a DTMF contact is as easy as pressing ONE BUTTON.
> If it's so easy, why use a solution that is obfuscated, inflexible, incomplete, imprecise, etc, just to save a key press or two on initial data entry?  Especially when multiple solutions without those failings were presented?

Much as I love to give Bob a hard time, I have enormous respect for him. No one, perhaps in all human history, has had as much success at kludging things together. I certainly don't know anyone else who has a kludge in the Smithsonian, especially literally in the shadow of the space shuttle Discovery.

My job is to tell him when his kludges go to far. Like this one!

Steve K4HG