[aprssig] Balloon overe Syracuse, NY - ???

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Oct 25 11:51:17 CDT 2015

FAA operations center has called me and wants immediate info on a balloon
over Syracuse.

Call is KD2HEQ-11

Donno how they got my number… I’m not involved.

If you have info on this balloon, EMAIL me asap and I will put you in
contact with them.

Im only here till 1340 EDT.

I do not know that they have any specific concerns (They might think it is
a BIG balloon that has not filed any NOTICE)

But I said it is probably a Ham balloon with mass less than the minimum 2
LBs which is  not required to file a NOTICE.

They are apparently watching it on APRS.FI because that is where  they are
seeing it.