[aprssig] APRSpro iOS app

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 07:39:55 CDT 2016

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 6:51 PM, Eric Grumling via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
> Not gonna happen on a non-jailbroken iOS device.

Google BLE + iPhone. There are multiple examples of arduino blinky lights and buttons to demo the technology using BLE a out of the box iPhones and Apple dev tools.

> Appleā€™s Bluetooth implementation specifically omits serial port profile (SPP).

Which is why I said BLE, not SPP. apparently BLE is written into the BT 4.0 standard in such a way that Apple could not leave it out and be BT4 compliant (that's my guess, anyway).