[aprssig] Looking for a Presentation on APRS

Leon S. Ciereszko III n4tcw at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 15:22:07 CDT 2016

I will be presenting a forum entitled "Intro to APRS" at the Rocky Mountain
Hamcon 2016 (www.hamconcolorado.org ) and I am looking for a PowerPoint (or
similar) presentation so I don't need to reinvent the wheel.  Also, if
someone has a good starting point I am willing to add/improve to it and post
it back to the files section.

Forum Description

Introduction to Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS)

APRS is an amateur radio-based system for real time tactical digital
communications of information (graphical position, messaging, weather
station, and other sensor information).  It is also accessible on the
internet via a world-wide network.  This forum will cover the background of
APRS, hardware and software implementations, and real world applications.

My (rough) syllabus is as follows (I have an hour):

What is APRS?

History of APRS.

Ways of doing APRS (Looking for a list of all current HW and SW).

How it works (user).

How it works (technical).

Bench top demo of various APRS implementations(D72, D710, APRSCE32, and
whatever else I can scrounge up).

Suggestions welcome.

Lee  N4TCW

Where's Lee?