[aprssig] WXBOT -- weather forecast via APRS Message
martin.nile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:14:50 CST 2016
The WXBOT weather forecast via APRS message program has been updated.
The program now responds to messages addressed to WXBOT as well as KI6WJP
The program now recognizes any US callsign, and returns a forecast for the
address listed in the FCC ULS. Even if the callsign has never transmitted
a position via APRS. The FCC ULS data is courtesy of the call.n0agi.com
The program now recognizes all ICAO metar stations (i.e KJFK, or KSFO
etc...) and returns a METAR report for the station. (TAF forecasts will be
added in the future.)
Here are some example weather queries sent to WXBOT
- KSFO -- returns metar report for San Francisco International Airport
- KSFO brief -- returns a brief weather forecast for SFO (not TAF)
- NZSP -- returns metar report from the Amundsen-Scott South Pole
- metar -- returns a metar report for the ICAO metar station nearest
to your location.
- Any US callsign -- returns a weather forecast for the address listed
in the FCC ULS.
- whois CALLSIGN -- returns FCC ULS data for given callsign.
The "whois" option is a side feature not directly related to weather, but
since I had access to the data, I added the feature.
For a complete list of features see
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig