[aprssig] is there a complete APRS primer out there?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:53:04 CST 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:36 PM, Andrew P. via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org>

> I've been receiving complaints/suggestions from my software users
> regarding the difficulty of properly configuring an APRS station to "play
> nicely" with others. Does anyone know of a good complete summary for the
> APRS newbie that explains how (and why) they should set up their station a
> particular way so both they and other users will have optimal use of the
> APRS network?

I remember a series of posts by one of the regulars some years back that
was a very good tutorial. Something like 4 or 5 nice long posts over
several days or weeks? I'm sure I saved it away somewhere but it would take
a bunch of time to find it in my archives.

If anyone remembers who sent that out I could probably find them quickly.
They were sent to the APRSSIG list as I recall.

Better yet: Whoever sent those out, repost them!

Curt, WE7U