[aprssig] next beta build#83 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client"), created 2016-Jan-12
andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:34:39 CST 2016
It's been a while since I announced a new build of YAAC here; the builds over the last couple of months have been fairly minor, but by now they've accrued to a number of new features. The new build is automatically upgradeable or is available from the usual sources:
The changes and updates include:
1. significant improvements to the Sounds plugin, allowing it to more precisely identify events worth making noise about, and improving the default speech sentences if you want YAAC to verbally announce events.
2. add support for remote GPS receivers, such as the ISM-linked receivers used by some amateur rocketry fans, so that GPS receivers linked through such connections can be plotted on the YAAC map and even automatically converted into moving APRS Objects transmitted into the APRS network by the receiving YAAC instance.
3. updating the source code distribution to support the Maven build tool, while still supporting the Ant tool that YAAC has always used.
4. fix auto-panning when specific mobile stations are being tracked by YAAC so the map will pan to keep the tracked stations on the map.
5. extend the line-of-sight plots to support dynamically-updated plots between the local station (possibly mobile) and another station or object (also possibly mobile). Also support clicking on high (or low) spots on the line-of-sight plot to locate those points on the great circle course on the main map.
6. allow adjusting colors and contour line intervals on the topographic (terrain) map overlay.
7. support upgrading plugins and the OSM map data (as well as the core YAAC application) from the automatic Check For Updates menu choice.
8. fix Serial TNC unjamming logic to better support TNC crashes and power glitches while YAAC is running.
9. automatically turn off map auto-centering when using any of the Locate functions, so the map doesn't immediately jump back to the local station's coordinates before you can see the position of the located station or landmark.
10. prevent logfile playbacks from being digipeated and I-gated (don't want stale data in the network).
11. update the tocall and Mic-E model code tables to current information.
12. for Tx-Igated stations, report the station type of the originating station in the Radio View and in the destination filter, rather than the station type of the Tx I-gate station.
13. add support for receiving DXCluster messages.
14. add ability to compose and send multi-line bulletins (in fact, multiple groups of multi-line bulletins).
Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig