[aprssig] WIDE and specific call in path

jason arends jason.arends at gmail.com
Sat May 14 15:49:54 CDT 2016

Today I was trying to route my packets through a specific digi by setting
my path on my mobile to WIDE1-1,JOPLIN - thinking that it would either be
picked up by a fill-in and then JOPLIN, or JOPLIN would hear it first and
repeat it due to responding to the WIDE1-1. I only heard a repeat from the
fill-in, not when I was close to JOPLIN and out of range of the fill-in. Do
paths not work the way I  am thinking, or do I have JOPLIN misconfigured in
some way? Or is JOPLIN ignoring it because it's own call is already in the

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 does work, I was just trying this to keep packets local as
a test.