[aprssig] IGate FIlter for AMSATS?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Feb 24 12:19:43 CST 2017

I should know this…

Basics:   Igates pass all packets heard to APRS-IS, but all after the first
are filtered out as DUPES

Problem:  Satellite operators in simplex range of an IGate will almost
always show the first packet (uplink) and not the DESIRED successful
downlink digipeated Satellite copy.

Question (sorry I forgot the answer last time):  Where do we fix this.

I want to finally build us an IGATE here at the Academy in Maryland, but I
don’t want it to then filter out all of our satellite packets that get
digipeated!  I am totally dependent on FINDU.COM and the APRS-IS to capture
and log all APRS Satellite Telelmetry and user packets including ours and
nearby locals.