[ax25-layer2] 7-byte address proposal

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 06:10:38 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, scott at opentrac.org <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:
> I do think a better mail spec is needed.  Again, haven't had time to look

Interesting comment -- what precisely do you mean by this?  I've never
used e-mail via packet BBSes, due to lack of connectivity in my area.
Can you describe some things you'd like to see different?

I'm very interested in seeing what folks have in mind for the layer-3
protocol requirements as well.  I've got quite a few ideas that, well,
aren't exactly looked highly upon by the networking crowd these days
(e.g., wrapping TCP streams into AX.25 virtual circuits, perhaps with
lessons learned from OpenTRAC's multi-packet-in-a-packet stuff).
However, I haven't seen any documents on OpenTRAC yet, and
opentrac.org doesn't come up in my browser, and SourceForge has no
homepage for the project.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II