[ax25-layer2] 7-byte address proposal

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Aug 2 20:56:35 UTC 2006

If possible, my initial inclination is that something new should somehow
be "visibile".  Just for the purpose of making sure thta users do not
try to field totally orthogonal systems on the same frequencies and
neither group then can see any clue why their systems are not working.

By making them somehow backwards "visibile" to AX.25, then it will
discourage unintended consequences....  Bob, WB4APR

>>> scott at opentrac.org 08/02/06 4:00 PM >>>
If you want to avoid interference with existing AX.25 traffic, why not use a
different FCS polynomial?  Or simply take the one's compliment of the FCS
and you can be sure that it'll never appear to be a valid frame.

Scott