[ax25-layer2] Level 1 issues at Level 2

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:07:55 UTC 2006

And this is why CSMA should be frowned upon completely in favor of
either DAMA or Token Bus (my personal favorite) or, if you have the
repeater thing going, maybe even TDMA.

But, these issues are, IMO, completely at layer 1, where basic HDLC
framing and FCS and whatnot occurs.  I don't believe AX.25 in and of
itself need concern itself over this stuff.

About the only thing that would change at layer 2 is if you support
token bus, where a few new U-frame types would need to be identified
for the purposes of token negotiation and passing.  Of course, if
token bus activity is moved to layer 3, even this requirement goes
away.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II