[ax25-layer2] Comments on OpenAX.25 pseudo-code

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:16:25 UTC 2006

I have designed some pseudo-C-code for my OpenAX.25 concept after
about two days of hashing and rehashing thoughts and ideas.  I was
wondering if I could post it here for public discussion.  I know it's
not v2.2 compliant (for example, it's not aware of modulo-128 frame
types yet, but that's so easy to add that I glossed over it), but
there are some questions about it I'd like to perhaps get answered.
I'll post the questions as source comments.

(I'm assuming most people on this list are fluent in C)

Note that the code DOES NOT compile, it's still conceptual.  But
slowly, I'm working towards a nice (I think, at least), event-driven
API.  I am *not* going for a BSD sockets API -- I don't believe in a
strictly procedural veneer over what is, in reality, a strictly
event-driven system.  However, with some creativity, it won't stop
someone from making a sockets-like layer on top of this software.

Thanks.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II