[ax25-layer2] PID field for segmented L3 frames

Samuel A. Falvo II sam.falvo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 00:04:22 UTC 2006

Here's something that hit me while I was hacking on OpenAX.25 just a
minute ago.  Segmented frames are identified with a PID of 0x08 in the
frame.  But, how is the PID of the encapsulated content encoded?  Is
it taken to be the first byte of the segmented PDU, like it kinda
sorta is with a normal AX.25 packet?  This isn't made explicit in the
specification, and I can see it leading to confusion later.

Thanks.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II