[bbssig] Re: bbssig Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Jeff Thomas - KD4EVB kd4evb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:10:51 UTC 2008

> Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Johnson <michaelkj77 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [bbssig] bbs software/AGWPE question
> To: bbssig at lists.tapr.org
>
> Hello, just signed up on the list hoping to learn more about hosting a
packet BBS.  More specifically, my ARES group is looking at Outpost as an
interface to post messages to an EmComm BBS, one of the emcomm modes we hope
to deploy in support of local emergency management.  My question is, is
there a packet bbs that uses AGWPE so I can also host a Winlink RMS packet
gateway on the same computer/tnc/radio?

>   Thanks in advance for assistance.
>
>   Michael (N0VX)

Michael,

I can't speak for AGW doing what you want (I think it might, but I know
there are guys running multiple apps on top of BPQ32.  If interested, check
this Yahoo Group out, bunch of BPQ32/FBB talent on it:

I'm planning a BPQ32 based node, WinFBB PBBS, and RMS off one radio & TNC
for my area now, several on there have been excellent resources for all my
questions.

Good to see more folks getting interested in PBBS's.

73
Jeff
WA4ZKO

Support Ham Radio in Kentucky, get involved, get on the air!