[bbssig] Re: bbssig Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Michael Johnson michaelkj77 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 00:25:13 UTC 2008

Jeff,
  I think it is good to see more interest in the BBS world too.  Some things like that are cyclical, growing in popularity initially and then waining before being discovered for another purpose and growing in popularity again.  I see that happening in the BBS world.  With growing use in the EmComm field and new software like Outpost that provides an easy interface into a BBS, I suspect more will find new uses for a BBS.

  I will look into the sources you described, both the Yahoo group and WinFBB.  You have WinFBB and RMS running on one TNC and radio which is what I am after.  I'll look into that setup.

  Thanks again for the information.

  Michael (n0vx)

Jeff Thomas - KD4EVB <kd4evb at hotmail.com> wrote:
  > Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Johnson
> Subject: [bbssig] bbs software/AGWPE question
> To: bbssig at lists.tapr.org
>
> Hello, just signed up on the list hoping to learn more about hosting a
packet BBS. More specifically, my ARES group is looking at Outpost as an
interface to post messages to an EmComm BBS, one of the emcomm modes we hope
to deploy in support of local emergency management. My question is, is
there a packet bbs that uses AGWPE so I can also host a Winlink RMS packet
gateway on the same computer/tnc/radio?

> Thanks in advance for assistance.
>
> Michael (N0VX)

Michael,

I can't speak for AGW doing what you want (I think it might, but I know
there are guys running multiple apps on top of BPQ32. If interested, check
this Yahoo Group out, bunch of BPQ32/FBB talent on it:

I'm planning a BPQ32 based node, WinFBB PBBS, and RMS off one radio & TNC
for my area now, several on there have been excellent resources for all my
questions.

Good to see more folks getting interested in PBBS's.

73
Jeff
WA4ZKO

Support Ham Radio in Kentucky, get involved, get on the air!

http://mail.yahoo.com