[bbssig] PING BBSsig

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:04:09 UTC 2009

>> I've been doing some BBS'ish projects and some might be worth discussing.
>
> Yes indeed, please tell us more.

It's nothing really too profound.  I still find the BBS or rather PPS
(Personal Packet Server - I just made that up) has a lot to offer even
these days.   If we take advantage of the modern tools and software
available and blend the modes a bit we should have something that's
not only fun - but even useful...   By blending modes I'm thinking of
using a bbs core (JNOS but that's a personal preference) using APRS
(and twitter too...) for resource discovery as well as content
announcements..   AXUDP for 'backbones',   Maybe PSKEMAIL for HF
access.  I believe it's even possible to do lots of email magic using
a couple simple hooks to a Gmail account.   Lots of opportunities!!

> I have a KAM XL that I don't know how to use.

KAM XL should be a great TNC...   I have, and use, a whole stack of
the older KAM+ and the latest swap meet find was an XL or similar.
The basic packet functionality is solid and should work with most
software.

73
Bill - WA7NWP