[digi-voice] Digital voice over high-speed packet

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at verizon.net
Sat Oct 30 21:14:21 UTC 2004

However, 4.5kbps CELP sounds much better. I know that many have been using 9.6
kbps FSK for high-speed packet in the VHF bands, but there are also 38.4 and
76.8 kbps modems available from Symek that can be used on our UHF bands (and
219-220 MHz). Has anyone tried digital voice or digital video at these speeds?

Given that the ARRL is proposing 100 kHz bandwidth digital modes for VHF and may
extend that to 200 kHz, even the 6 meter band could be used for high-speed
packet in the near future.

73.

John
KD6OZH