[digi-voice] Hello All !

paulmetzger paul_kq6eh at mac.com
Tue Sep 6 01:58:46 UTC 2005

	My name is Paul Metzger (KQ6EH) and I have just joined this group. I
have been a ham for about 13 years now. My original and main interest
was A1 where I had spent most of my early years on a iambic paddle dit
dah'ing away on HF, especially 40 & 30meters late into the evenings. I
recently became interested in Amateur Radio Digital Voice within the
last 2+ years after having witnessed a demonstration of the ARD9800
Digital Voice Modem put on by AOR at the local candy store. I was so
impressed, I purchased two of them there on the spot. One is currently
assigned to my home QTH, and the other my mobile. I cherish these
little buggers. Operating Digital Voice without the use of a computer
is my cup of tea. Also, being able to send and receive pictures with
only a digital camera is an extra bonus. These little devices have
sucked me back into the hobby of Amateur Radio after I was going though
a slump.

I look forward to meeting you all in one form or another. I also hope
to understand what makes these things tick. Anyhow, that's it from me.

Have Fun !

Paul Metzger
KQ6EH
http://www.hamradio-dv.org