[dsp] AFSK demodulator code for ARM7TDMI?

John B. Stephensen kd6ozh at verizon.net
Fri Feb 11 20:46:27 UTC 2005

I've been using the Oki Semiconductor ARM7 MCU and it makes a nice platform
for amateur applications as there are development tools available at no
charge. There are also parts available from Philips, Cirrus Logic, and
others with ARM7 and ARM9 CPUs to 200 MHz and various peripherals. An
on-chip HS USB port is even available from Oki. This architecture is going
to become as ubiquitous as the 8051.

If you purchase the ARM developers guide there are examples of FIR filters
and a radix-4 FFT implementation. The speed is adequate for any application
processing data from an audio CODEC.

Since I couldn't find a fast real-time OS for the ARM7, I ended up writing
one. If anyone wants a copy for amateur radio applications, send me an
email.

73,

John
KD6OZH