[dsp] 1802's

Anthony Monteiro aa2tx at comcast.net
Wed Feb 16 01:14:32 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

1802's are still available from Intersil. Price is a bit
steep. Here is the link:

  http://www.intersil.com/cda/deviceinfo/0,1477,CDP1802A,00.html#device

WB2LCC and I designed a repeater controller using an 1802 in the
late 1970's for the Drexel University 2m repeater. It was a very
interesting device for its time - the only CMOS cpu.
They were widely used on commercial satellites even into the 1990's.

If you check eBay, you might find a complete system to play with for
less than the cost of the cpu. Look for an "RCA VIP Video Game" system.

73,
Tony AA2TX

---