[Ham-80211] WEP encryption problems

Carl R. Stevenson wk3c at wk3c.com
Sat Aug 7 10:41:44 UTC 2004

Perhaps the Belkin card doesn't support 64 bit encryption, but only 128 bit?
(That may be a certification requirement for newer Wi-Fi(TM) products, but I
haven't checked the Wi-Fi Alliance website.  http://www.wifi.org
Perhaps the router and Prism2 cards are using WPA instead of WEP and the
Belkin card doesn't interoperate?

Just thinking out loud ...

Check the configuration options and check to see if newer firmware is
available from the manufacturer's websites for all of the devices.

Finally, I presume from your configuration diagram that you are operating
under Part 15, and no part of the wireless network is operating under Part
97.

73,
Carl - wk3c