[Ham-80211] Re: Motorola 900 MHz Canopy Broadband Radio

Marlon K. Schafer ooe at odessaoffice.com
Sun Aug 29 16:34:57 UTC 2004

Guys, Motorola is working hard with all of their FCC comments to make sure
that all spectrum is allocated to licensed services or auctioned off.

They hide behind the idea that they are a big company and they don't always
know what the other hand is doing.  That doesn't fly with me because they've
filed NO comments (that I've seen) in favor of unlicensed use of the bands
of late.  They are happy to take our money and using it to further the goals
of the higher end customers.

I think that pressure of some kind needs to be applied to Motorola so that
they change this policy.

It's often nice gear.  Good specks, works well etc.  Is relatively
inefficient (compared to many other products on the market), does NOT play
nice with other devices in the spectrum etc.

marlon