[ham-80211] Re: WEP encryption?

Jeff King jeff at aerodata.net
Wed Jul 28 20:29:46 UTC 2004

Quoting Drew Baxter <droobie at maine.rr.com>:

> Although the availability of
> APs
> running Linux is increasing, so perhaps in the future we can add custom
> (known) extensions that apply to HAMs or shift the frequency into the
> ham bands.

> Broadcom seems unwilling to provide source code for their driver sets
> right  now.  That's too bad, otherwise this could've already been a reality.

Well, the WRT54G, which uses the Broadcom chipset, with either 'WiFi box' or
SVEASOFT can be put on channels 1-14  (anything above 6 is out of the ham
band). I'm thinking maybe you could get one channel below 1 that is on the ham
band (channel 0?) but no idea if the broadcom would support that. Certainly no
reason to.