[Ham-80211] Access control suggestions

Steven Phillips steven_phillips at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 14:54:01 UTC 2004

Here's another idea.  Transverters.  Switch them to a
frequency of our choice.  10GHz would be an
interesting band to experiment with for long distance
links.  Granted, build a transverter isn't the
cheapest solution, but, it's probabaly a lot cheaper
than the D-Star system.  Or, would it be better to
build a frequency multiplier or sorts to keep them in
the 2.4GHz range, just lower or raise the frequency a
small bit to put them into the ham only portions?