[Ham-80211] Access control suggestions

Steven Phillips steven_phillips at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 21:33:32 UTC 2004

The reason for PHP is it's extreme flexibility between
platforms.  There are MANY ready to go PHP
applications on the freeware market that can handle
communcation needs.  It's just a matter of find one
that works best for what we want to accomplish. With
opensource software, we can design a front end that's
as simplistic as you want it to be.  I'm not trying to
create an "IT Department," just an all in one solution
that is easy to use.  If you look at the open source
market for voice over ip and video, the applications
are awkward at best to use (atleast in my opinion).

When it comes to the "customer" as you guys put it,
they all want one thing.  A means of communicating
information to and from disaster areas and shelters.
Using a LAN/WAN type setup would greatly expedite the
passing of messagaes.  When I helped with the Hayman
fire, there were times I spent 10 to 15 minutes
walking around trying to locate someone to relay a
message.