Fw: [WISPA] Fw: [Ham-80211] Access control suggestions

dubose at texas.net dubose at texas.net
Fri Nov 5 17:46:43 UTC 2004

I'm just sorry that power companies and the government didn't push for fiber
along side each power line...you could have telephone, HDTV, highspeed Internet,
and many future expanded services.

If what I see is true in the local area, some telephone companies are replacing
their copper with fiber and new telecommunications are putting in fiber in rural
areas.

Also, with reference to BPL, as individual hams learn more about it, I think you
will find hams many miles...even hundreds of miles away from BPL transmission
lines hearing the BPL signals on HF.  I can't forget copying the CW signal from
downunder from a transmitter/oscillator created using a tunnel diode.  Less than
10mw of signal and copied here in the U.S.

IMHO, using Part 15 WiFi for commercial distribution of Internet services is
much like companies building their 2-way commercial radio systems on 11 meter
CB...in the end it just isn't good enough to solve the problem.  Today you see
few businesses using 11 meter CB as a business radio...I believe that in a few
years you will see the same happening with commercial distribution of Internet
services using Part 15 equipment.

The 11 meter CB experimant failed and took away a great band from amateru radio
operators.  I am glad that at least we still have 2.4-2.45 GHz so that when
commercial use of the band fails, at least we will still have the frequencies.

Walt/K5YFW