[Ham-80211] Handoff between access point? Newbie Question

Carl Walthall n8cdw at direcway.com
Wed Nov 24 03:02:23 UTC 2004

Hi All

If a person setup a large 802.11b network under part 97 city wide with multiple access points running infrastructure.  Could a person with a laptop in their car drive from one end to the other without losing connection? In other words, could the network be setup to handoff the connection from access point to access point the same as a cell phone would (Mobile IP)? I am sure its not the same, but could you stay connect as long as your getting a strong signal from a access point? I would also like to know the best place to read up on this subject?

Thanks in advance

Carl Walthall