[Ham-80211] Why? (was Handoff between access point? )

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 20:48:45 UTC 2004

Daron,
The key  phrase was

"Possible technically, but not doable at this time by hams."

I also have some paid networking experience. Rollouts! Upgrades!  Rah rah rah!

How do you build and maintain a WAN with $0 funding and NO paid staff?

How have you done this?

Could you give an example?

Most important, if you did create and maintain this free network, then I must ask why? What made you do it?

Is the need to experiment enough?