[Ham-80211] Why? (was Handoff between access point? )

Carl Walthall n8cdw at direcway.com
Thu Nov 25 00:01:18 UTC 2004

PS

All the towers are on private property installed by users that got free high
speed internet service. My friend has moved all the private access point
providers to Motorola's Canopy system. I didn't think he could get people to
spend the money for towers when he started his wireless network. But some
people will do anything for a free high speed internet connection for life.
I guess they figure they will break even at some point for the electricity
and tower installation. I have talked with a few ham's here, and they are
willing to provide time and money to help support the system. We just need
to figure out what we can do with is legally as hams.

Thanks Carl Walthall