[Ham-80211] Re: ham-80211 Digest, Vol 3, Issue 3

Jeff King jeff at aerodata.net
Sat Sep 4 02:49:21 UTC 2004

Totally agree with you Richard. Just because I am outraged at something,
don't agree with it, and just plain think it is wrong, I clearly recognize
the man in the corner with the gun.

Still, I do agree with Darry in that a decent attorney could save you here as
long as your intent was not to cause harm.

But the problem with that, at least in the U.S., is that for all intensive
purposes, the government is both judgement proof, and has a unlimited budget
to spend in prosecuting you. Clearly, while Stephen Puffer "won"  his war
driving case in Houston Texas USA, he still had to spend his money to defend
himself.

His "free" access I imagine cost in excess of $10,000 in attornies fees. And
the government in the U.S. is still busy trying to make wardriving a crime
with a a recent pleas agreement in a Oakland County Michigan case (Lowes)
giving them some case law.

Scary times we live in.